Closing Checklist for Buyers
Congratulations! Your lender has issued the 'Clear to Close' & this process is coming to an end. Pat yourself on the back because I know it wasn't always easy!! There's not much left to do but you've got a few more items to cross off of your to-do list. As always, I'm available if you need any help.
- Confirm the closing location & time: your attorney will coordinate the closing, if you have time restrictions make sure to let him/her know.
- Confirm the property walk through (usually thirty minutes or so prior to the closing): I'll coordinate this with the listing agent.
- Set up your utilities to be switched into your name beginning on the closing date (get on the schedule for Internet connection & cable).
- If you're hiring a moving company you need to plan ahead & schedule that about three weeks prior to the closing. If you need help with moving but don't want to hire a truck & moving co (for example, if you just have a few large pieces that you need help with) let me know, I have a couple contacts & suggestions!
- Final closing costs: you'll get the final payoff from the closing attorney. Sometimes they don't have this final number until a day or two before the closing. You'll need the final amount in a bank check (no personal checks).
- What to bring to the closing: a valid drivers license or passport (make sure it's not expired!!) & the total amount due for closing costs & the down payment.